10 Random Facts
I have to admit, I'm kind of a sucker for reading the “10 Facts About Me” things that people post on social media. There are just so many things that we don’t know about the people we’re around. I mean, we know who they are right now, but who were they before we met them? I feel like this is especially true when we make friends as adults. We all live so many lives and at different times in our lives, we are defined by different things- maybe it’s a sport or a friend group, our major in college, our hobbies, etc. But when we move onto the next chapter of our lives, those previous lives seem to fade away. Not that each chapter isn’t important in our lives- they are imperative to shaping who we are today but it’s also easy to forget to mention them when we start new chapter.
In an effort to become more real via my website, I thought I would give you a few little tidbits about myself. Many of these things, I don’t talk about a lot, if ever with new people I meet. I hope it gives you a bigger picture of who I am and how I got here.
- My favorite color is green. (Not just any green but that rich tropical green that only the perfect glaze on a piece of pottery can create)
- I have a Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from Concordia College, Moorhead (which really goes to show that you never know how you’ll end up using your degree)
- I used to be a professional figure skater. Like seriously. (I was so serious about figure skating that I moved away from home during high school to focus on high altitude training in New Mexico. After an injury took me out of competitions, I signed on with The Russian Ballet on Ice for The Nutcracker. Super weird, right?)
- My favorite TV show has always been and will always be The Golden Girls. (Waaaay before they were cool, I was their biggest fan. Sophia is my girl. I'm also pretty sure my dog was Dorothy in a prior life...the looks)
- I am a major book nerd. (I generally read 2-3 books per week. It’s by far my favorite thing to do outside of my work. My favorite genre is mystery- fiction)
- My favorite season is Spring. (I know around Minnesota that’s a really messy time of year, but with the melting and mud comes new life and all.the.green that I love so much)
- I have ridiculous love for Flo Rida-it's my guilty pleasure. (If you ever drive by the shop at night, you will find me completely jamming out while I work- which is embarrassing for everyone involved :| )
- I’m a total crime junkie. (I listen to the creepiest podcasts while I’m traveling and watch crime shows a lot)
- I can only create when I’m “in the mood.” (I am completely useless at my job unless I am feeling it which can hit at all times of the day or night. I may not be able to work all day but then work late into the night because I’m feeling that energy)
- I am an Introverted Extrovert. (I LOVE people but I also NEED down time and I love being alone. I’m actually that person who will go out to eat by myself- I love it)
That’s a lot of random info. but It’s a good reminder that there is always more to a person than what they allow you to see. Which, to me, is a super fun thing to think about. Ask random questions every now and again and you may be surprised at what you learn. I’d love to hear your interesting facts too so leave a few in the comments. Cheers to a new year, a new chapter and the opportunity to create new random facts!